I've read and
received a lot of dating advice in the last 4 years. I know all the staple
reads: Cosmo magazine, He's Just Not That Into You, The Rules, Dating for
Dummies, Why Men Love Bitches, etc. Those are just books! Online you'll
find dating advice for even your poodle dog. Look it up, its there.
Some advice I've
come across is current and plausible. Like wearing a solid color dress instead
of one with a pattern. A solid color will make you look slimmer and will keep
the attention on you, not your dress. A pattern, especially a busy one, says
"complicated" to men. Now, don't look at me like I just said you should
never wear your favorite paisley print dress again, ever. This tip from Glamour
magazine is for a night out scenario, a happy hour, or even a first
date. Another simple and obvious dating tip I had never even considered is crossing your legs outward, if sitting say at the bar. If you spot a cute
guy, cross your legs in his direction. This makes you more approachable and open
to conversation. Good one, right!?
Some dating
advice though is a little more laughable. So laughable it might just be
plausible. The premise: studies show men associate the scents of cinnamon and
vanilla with love.
According to
Laura Davimes, aromatherapy & herb expert and creator of Man Magnet, solid-rub perfume made with - what else? - cinnamon and vanilla,
“certain aromatic plants exude oils similar to our own sexual secretions or
pheromones. Wearing cinnamon/vanilla blends increases the presence of
pheromone-like substances and dramatically increases attraction."
Pretty silly I
know. Still, I wanted to read the studies that
back this up. Behold my research...
Let me LOL first! LOL!
Cinnamon has
long been considered an aphrodisiac; it is similar to our own sexual secretion
or pheromones. Research studies from the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago (Yes, its a real research foundation.) found that men were attracted by the scent of cinnamon in
the presence of aroma of baked food.
Vanilla, also an
aphrodisiac, has a sensual aroma that reminds one of fresh food in the kitchen.
The Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, again, conducted
a test to understand the impact of smell upon sexual arousal. He discovered the
smell which arouses mature men the most was vanilla.
I hope mature doesn't mean "my dad" mature. Eeek!
Imagine vanilla & cinnamon together!!! We could take over the world, one man at a time.
So ladies, next
time you are getting ready for a night on the town or a date, bathe yourself in
vanilla bath salts, cover yourself in vanilla body lotion and just an hour
before he picks you up, start baking cinnamon buns. And just to be safe... oops! guess who accidentally threw cinnamon all over herself?
For the sake of
full disclosure (and because who cares if people know) I bought a Pure Vanilla
perfume roller from LaVanila Laboratories, a nice scent from a great quality, 100% natural, eco-friendly, yada yada yada, company. Used it for a week 2 years ago. The only thing aroused was my craving
for vanilla latte’s from Starbucks. So maybe a vanilla and cinnamon scent its not for everyone. Cinnamon buns though, those are for everyone.



Looooove it! now to find a man!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend and top follower! You want the Pure Vanilla perfume roller? I can't wear it cause I get hungry. Hahaha!
ReplyDelete