average girl on food, happy-hours, fĂștbol & the search for Mr. Right… the economical way!
blog template
Monday, November 25, 2013
Unexpected message
Funny and a light read is all I expected from Mindy Kaling's book 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?' and it was just that, a funny, quick 2 days read. It's always a nice surprise to find an expectedly deep message, a phrase or a sentence that gets to you on a personal level. I found it a quarter of the way. Mindy is going to her first network job interview. (Being the same age as her I feel it is ok I call her by her first name. She can do the same.) It was a big deal this interview. Chances of getting the job were slim to none, yet, she is optimist and says, "I'm the kind of person who would rather get my hope up really high and watch them get dashed to pieces than wisely keep my expectations at bay and hope they are exceeded." The interview was a total disaster but her attitude was on point and it has taken her this far. In introspect, how often do I keep my expectations at bay? Unequivocally every time. For fear of failure and concern of not having a steady income I have kept my expectations moderate. A good case can me made for staying moderate, I don't have a bad life after all. Still, at this point in my life I'd rather think big and have this big plan, idea or whatever it may be crash into a million wondrous pieces than to simply adapt to whatever comes my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Shoot for the moon and you will land amongst the stars.
ReplyDeleteRight? That's what I said. Thank you my one reader. If you are my one reader, does that make you #1 too?
ReplyDelete