blog template

Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Average Maria. So are you?

Why Average Maria and the reasons why you could be one also. Its pretty simple. Maria because when you're Latina, we are all Maria - well most of us anyways - and average because everything about me is well, average. Even this blog!

My mother the sweet woman that she was would remind me every day how beautiful I was. I had the prettiest dark brown hair, the greatest smile and the brightest almond eyes. Of course she was going to say that, she was my mother, she saw me with diffrent eyes. The eyes of love. As time went on, I discovered differently...

In school, average grades. Lots of A's and B's with the occasional dreadful C (Oh how I hate C's! Die letter C! I'd rather get a F and know I failed then get a C and be reconfirmed that I am average.). My looks, average - 140lbs,  5' 4" in height, long brown hair and big brown eyes. Neither ugly nor beautiful but that in between cute or guapa as I am often referred to in Spanish. The only things left is an average job and salary - Oh wait! - I've got that too. Shall I go into my dating life? Oh you've figure it out already have you?

So amigas this is more than a blog about me, its about every woman who struggles daily to live a not so average life with average means. 


Averaga Maria. At my friends Ed & Josh's studio.
Disclaimer: This blog is about Average Maria's all over the world (the world of L.A. and sorroundings). I will not mention names - but! - if you know me and the shoe fits maybe I am talking about you. Yes, you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment