But keeping it real here, what I mostly want are her arms. You see, my weight wasn't always average. I was heavier than I am now. I blame tortillas! Around the age of twenty I lost a significant amount of weight... ahhh, el amor. Weight that I have kept off - though I did have a period of weight gain 4 or 5 years ago while going through a depression, but that's a story for later. I digress. I have, for the most part, stayed within 10 pound over or under my current weight. What I haven't been able to lose since that initial weight loss are the flabby arms left behind. Certainly I could have done more to change that earlier but I guess doing moderate exercise to keep the weight off had been enough for me, up until now. I don't want my flab to chime in when I wave goodbye. I want Michelle Obama arms! I want Madonna biceps!
I read an article in a magazine, which I can't recall for the life of me right now but it was about Michelle Obama's arms. How some people think that her showing bare arms often was not very First Lady like and could be seen as inappropriate. Opinions are opinions. I think she always looks sharp and dressed fitting for the occasion. And no matter what you think of her choice of wardrobe, no one can deny that she amazing arms.
I Googled "how to get Michelle Obama's arms" and most trainers recommend working opposing muscles in the biceps, triceps and shoulder in one session. Here are some of the specific exercises: lateral raises, triceps kickbacks, bicep curls, extending the arm backwards, and bench dips which can be done using a sturdy piece of furniture. The first three done using dumbbells. You can Google the exercises to find out how to properly do them. Youtube has an ongoing list of videos on just arms.
One site claims that 21 days is all it takes to see a difference. I looked at my schedule and it looks like I'm available the next 21 days. Wide open. Nothing going on right now. All the time in world. So why not? Here is my plan: Do 20 repetitions daily of the first four exercises, and repeat: lateral raises, triceps kickbacks, bicep curls and extending the arms backwards. I'm leaving the bench dips out so as to not put so much pressure on my already sensitive wrists. And yes, I know, a "before" picture is needed. Ugh! I'm forcing myself to put up this picture. *Blog integrity Average Maria, blog integrity.* Please check back in 21 days my one follower. You know who you are.
The right arm before.


awesome post! and so happy to know im not the only one who points the finger at tortillas! :) Cant wait to see your results!
ReplyDeleteAlejandra! I just saw your post, just now! How awful. Glad you liked it :) Did you make it to Cali? If you want to hit DTLA let me know. I'll join you.
ReplyDelete