blog template

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sometimes I want to punch Pinterest in the face

Pinterest is the easiest way to waste an entire Saturday. Yesterday morning I went to the gym and then drove over to the office I work at to put in a few extra hours. Yes, I do lead a gripping life. I came home around 3:30pm to have myself a nice linner accompanied by a glass of wine and 7 straight hours of Pinterest. 

Pin after pin of perfectly arranged information catered to my likes, wants and desires. Pinterest knows what I like and how I like it. Example is this brilliant little idea to Set Your Makeup With Cornstarch. My mother would use cornstarch when my nephews had diaper rashes so why would I ever use to cook (or anything else for that matter) something that was used on a baby's butts? Not me. Well guess who now keeps cornstarch on her shelf? This girl does. And j
ust when I thought I had cleared my Pinterest of anything unwanted, someone I follow will have a life changing event and my Pinterest will turn on me. It turned on me a couple of weeks ago when I started to get 'Mr. and Mrs. pins. First it was a necklace with the word 'Mrs.' on it. "Oh good, now I know how to properly address you. I was just going to call you by your name but now I know it's 'Mrs.' followed by your actual name", I thought to myself. Then there was 'Mr. and Mrs.' pillow covers. Ok, as a person who cannot sleep if it's not with my favorite pillow, I guess I can see the practicality in being able to quickly identify mine. Although why would I have so many pillows that I would need to have mine labeled Mrs. in order to find it? But my favorite, my absolute favorite, was the 'Happy Ever After' shower curtain. Give me a break. You might as well never have anyone over - ever! - 'cause they will be thinking the same thing I will be thinking… no one is that f'n happy!

2 comments: